Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Reasons to NOT go

A short post to contemplate all the reasons some say to not do this:
  • Fear? - lots of them
    • injury while traveling
    • job to return to
    • giving up my dream job
    • being able to provide for my family
    • losing connections with friends
  • Expensive - It will cost money.
  • Exhausting - this is real one. This is will not be a one year vacation and will be, at times, really hard. 
  • Accommodations - We will not be staying in places like we are accustomed to.
  • Food - We will not be eating like we are used to.
  • Kids sports - they will fall behind, miss out, lose spots on teams (some people really think this is important). 
  • Responsibility?  It has been posed to me that I have some responsibility to my co-workers. I do believe this but I have also believe I have a higher level of responsibility to my family and ultimately to pursuing what God places on our hearts. I hope that my kids learn this lesson first hand (someday) as a result of this trip.
Ultimately, personally, I look at this list and it does not sway me too much. Worth contemplating for sure but enough to give up a dream - no.  At some point will post a list of reasons to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment