Friday, May 1, 2015

Documents Filed

Today, documents were filed with the SEC and posted to our website which state that in two months, my name will be removed from the funds I manage. This makes the whole situation "public". While our friends and family have been aware of our plans we have not been overtly transparent on them simply because of the need to get this step done. This marks a serious line in the sand as even if something were to change our plans, these filings are permanent. No turning back now - not that there was any plan to do so. I knew this day was coming and, if I'm honest, I was not fully sure how it would feel. Now that it had come and gone, euphoric might be the best word - perhaps relieved. Major change lies ahead and while part of me should be afraid, I'm excited. I love what I do but I am extremely fired up about the memories that this trip will create for our family and am ok with the uncertainty. It has been a long road to get to this point, but the more real it becomes, the more excited I find myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment